Wednesday 8 October 2014

GOOD THINGS Face Mask Review


Hi my lovelies it's been a while since I've done any product reviews but after treating myself to some lovely new goodies from Boots (you can read all about my haul here) I knew I had to share a few of them with you. 

Today's review is of the GOOD THINGS Manuka Honey Radiance Face Mask (100ml: RRP £5.99) which I managed to purchase at a 1/3 off for just £3.99 from Boots.com. The Manuka honey radiance mask has an impressive list of  natural ingredients, nutrient-rich white clay to draw out impurities and decongest skin, papaya extract to help enhance and brighten skin giving it a healthy glow, Manuka honey to help skin heal and Beeswax to help soften skin and protect it from irritants while also allowing it to breath.

The Good Things brand using only natural ingredients and is a 'Free From' brand which means that there products contain no Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLS) which is a inexpensive chemical detergent and foaming agent; no Parabens which are chemical preservatives used to prolong a products shelf-life and no Mineral Oils which are derived from petroleum which  may clog skin and can make oily skin greasier. Good Things also uses no ingredients that have been derived from or tested on animals. All of which are really starting to appeal more and more to be as I get older and wiser regarding my skincare options.

Application and Removal

The first time I used it I felt really overpowered by the sweet honey smell but this doesn't seem to hang around for long. The consistency of the mask itself is quite a thick light yellow cream which can easily applied with the pads of your fingertips to leave a smooth coverage although have wet wipes handy as it can get alittle messy and I find it gets stuck under my nails. 



During the 10 minute treatment the cream starts to dry out and feels quite smooth and rubbery. As it sets it also starts to feel quite tight in places, I found it was especially around my month, nose, cheeks and eyebrows.

When the 10 minutes were up it was a simple process of wiping the mask off with a warm damp flannel, then it was just a case of patting my face dry and then standing back and admiring the effects. The whole wiping and drying process was over and done with in less than 2 minutes, the mask just seems to melt off when you add water. 

Final Impression

OK I'm going to be honest I've never really liked the smell of honey, I find it quite sickly so I've previously avoided anything honey scented like the plague. However after drying my skin it felt softer and looked much more healthy, it seemed to be glowing although still slightly pink from scrubbing with the flannel which is amazing as it looked greasy, dull and lifeless before I started. Up close my pores seem smaller and definitely look clearer. 

Lasting Effects

Since this first use, I've been this face mask every couple of days whenever my skin looks dull and I've noticed a real improvement in my skin, I'm having less spot outbreaks and it's looking much healthier and feels much softer overall. It's definitely become my favourite cheaper skincare brand for an instant skin pick me up. And for a product that only contains natural ingredients it is pretty damn impressive just how well this product works and how long the effects last. For the price it was a bargain and I'll definitely be purchasing this mask again in the future. 


You can purchased products from the Good Things ranges from Sainsbury's and Boots stores. 


No comments:

Post a Comment