Friday 6 June 2014

Lip Factory "Spring has Sprung" May Box!

Hello my lovelies, its finally Friday and I can't wait for my Saturday morning lie-in tomorrow, it's going to feel even better than usual as I woke up full of cold this morning with the added little joy of sinus pains.... Here's hoping its just a 24hr thing but knowing my luck it's here to stay for at least a week...  Anyway on a happier note my Lip Factory arrived yesterday.. Yay! It feels like its been months since I placed my order at the beginning of May and I have to admit it hasn't disappointed.



For anyone that doesn't know what Lip Factory is you can find out every think you might want to know here, but the long and the short of it though, is that its a monthly make-up only subscription box from America and costs $32.00 (inc shopping) a month (this works out at roughly £17.49 my banks online converter). I decided to finally take the plunge and order myself one to test try the service before my Glossybox subscription runs out this month, will the idea of replacing my Glossybox with a Lip Factory box.

In this months May box I received 5 products, all full sized too by the looks of them! First up is a pack of NCLA Nail Wraps (RRP $16.00/£8.74) in the 'Summer of Love' design which I love, they are pretty funky and will go well with the whole festival style which seems to be big this season. The pack pack includes enough for 2 applications but could last all summer if just used on accent nails.



My next item is a Medusas Makeup Eyeshadow (RRP $8.00/£4.37) in 'Jungle Fever' and you guess it its a green but not a boring green is a really fun and sparkly green without being too over the top. Green is one colour I haven't actually tried out in eyeshadows as I've always though it wouldn't look great but after a bit of googling I found this blog post by Dana at thewonderforest.com and I'm looking forward to giving green a chance.



My third makeup product is a Pari Beauty Lipstick (RRP $12.00/£6.56) in 'Pinky Promise'. Its a really smooth creamy lipstick in a girly pinky cream colour. A few years ago I would of hated it but lately I've started warming up to what I once called barbie shades and I think this could be a great shade for summer and the no makeup look I favour in the sunshine.



Next is a MeMeMe Cosmetics Blush Me! (RRP $14.25/£7.79) in Coral. Finding this is really strange as I was only just talking about buying a coral blush in my 'Would you rather....' Beauty Edition Tag (you can find it here), when I realised I've never actually tried a coral blush before, I'm excited to try this soon..... I'll let you know how I get on.



My fifth and final product is a Teeez Trendy Cosmetics Golden Glow Lip Gloss (RRP $18.00/£9.84) in Silky Nude. Its a light nude/pink gloss with added sparkle, it's states it non sticky on the packaging but it does feel slightly tacky when on but then don't all lip glosses! Its a nice colour on me though, and I love the packaging.... It looks so cute! So it's definitely going to be finding a nice new home in my handbag soon.



All in all I'm so impressed with the range of products I received with the total retail valve of the box being $68.25/£37.30, which is way better than the last few glossyboxes I've received.  I definitely intend to continue with my Lip Factory subscription and can't wait to see what I get in my next one.

Did you order a May Lip Factory box?
If you did I'd love to hear what you receive!

No comments:

Post a Comment