Friday 23 May 2014

Glossybox's May Special Collaboration Box

Morning my lovelies, hope you've all had a good week. Last Friday felt like christmas when my lovely postie delivered lots of parcels full of goodies. One of them was my May Glossybox which was a secret collaboration and had been totally hyped up by Glossybox. There was a lot of talk on Facebook that it was either Selfridges or Superdrug, personally I voted for Superdrug simply because of spoiler pics Glossybox released (the colours matched the 50th anniversary colours), although I was hoping for Selfridges thinking about all the lush products it might include. With all the hype it's felt like forever waiting for my box to arrive and I couldn't wait to rip into it as soon as I got my hands on it. 


On opening and seeing the Superdrug logo I'll admit I was slightly deflated, don't get me wrong I love Superdrug but after a few less than impressive boxes I was really hoping for this month to be stuffed full of fab products. The box itself it lovely I love the colours very summer, and it's definitely a keeper as it feels much sturdier than the usual boxes.


As always everythink inside is packed really well, this months tissue paper and ribbon colours are gold and bright pink, and are so much prettier than the usual light pink and black, the ribbon has the added benefit of being reused as it isn't logo'd. There's the usual glossy magazine, packed full of interviews, makeup tutorials and advice on what products are hot for summer. There's also the your products card detailing what you've received, how to use them and how much they cost.


All 5 of this month products are full-sized and the products I received were:
  • Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Crystal Shine Conditioner (£4.99 for 250ml)
  • B. Sheer Conditioning Lipstick in Flamingo (£6.99)
  • Rimmel London Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara in Extreme Black (£6.99)
  • Scholl Velvet Smooth Overnight Mask (£7.99 for 60ml)
  • Max Factor Facefinity All Day Primer (£10.99 for 30ml) 
So far I've only tried the Velvet Smooth foot mask out which works like a charm, I've used it every night since I opened my box and my feet are looking and feeling so much softer. I was really pleased to find the Max Factor Primer as it has added SPF20 which my current primer doesn't so I'm having to apply extra suncream to my face on sunny days which is leaving my skin quite greasy. I'm really looking forward to giving this a try on the next sunny day. The Scandaleyes will be going into my makeup box for now until my current mascara is finished. While the Crystal Shine Conditioner's arrival was timed great as I've just ran out of my everyday  conditioner, it seems to be quite heavily perfumed which I'm hoping fades after washing out and has a nice thick creamy consistency which I love. The only product that is a disappointment is the B. Lipstick as its not a colour I'll ever wear, I'm  not a red lipstick girl I'm afraid so will be going up for swaps soon.

Also inside my box were 2 bonus samples; Garnier Oil Beauty Lotion 10ml (£4.99 for 250ml), I considered buying this last time I popped into Superdrug so I'm looking forward to trying it. And GHOST Fragrances Eclipse 2ml (£33 for 50ml). I'm not a lover of perfume samples being in beauty boxes are main product but as an added bonus I don't mind at all and as this one doesn't smell too bad it's an pleasing extra to find.

The total value of Glossybox this month (excluding the bonus samples) is £37.95 which is really great value for money. Overall I'm really pleased, Glossybox is starting to redeem themselves in my eyes I'm just hoping this box isn't a one-off.

If you'd like to order yourself a box, everything you need to know and do can be found here.

If you received a Glossybox this month I'd love to hear all about the products you received. 

No comments:

Post a Comment