Friday 21 March 2014

Glossybox March - My First Impressions


I like to think I'm a pretty positive person and although I've been dissappointed in my previous boxes from Glossybox, I still got excited when I receive my dispatch email Monday evening. Eventhough I tried to avoid spoilers for it, I still managed to find out a few titbits thanks to Twitter and Facebook and I'll admit they got my hopes up that this months box was going to be a good one so when it arrived Wednesday I couldn't wait to open it. This months theme is 'Beauty Blossom' with the box & magazine focusing on the change of season from Winter to Spring and getting us all bang up to date with this years Spring/Summer trends.


My first product this month is a 40ml sample of Mitchell and Peach Body Cream which has a RRP of £36 for a full size 180ml making this sample worth around £8. I've had a quick sample and I really can't decide if I like it or not to be honest, the cream itself left my skin really soft but it's just the scent  that really left me so undecided its not awful but there's definitely just somethink about it that's putting me off I can't decide if its the honey or the rose extract but it's just a tad too strong for me. I don't think it helps that I know my nan will love it which kindof puts me off. 
Next up is a full-sized Sleek Pout Polish in Bare Minimum that has an RRP of £4.49. Its an amazing soft pink/peachy nude shade which adds just a slight hint of colour to my lips and as its also SPF15 I can see me adding this into my everyday makeup look this spring/summer. 
A full-sized Bellapierre Shimmer Powder in Deja Vous with a RRP of £12.99 is my next product. Its a really beautiful light pink/gold shimmer and I can't wait to have a play about with it. Eventhough its an eyeshadow I think I'm going to get more use out of it as a blusher/highlighter. 
The next product in my box is actually two 3ml samples of Vita Liberata pHenomenal 2-3 Week Tan Lotion which has an RRP of £37.50 for 150ml so both samples are worth around 75p each. To be honest these are my cup of tea as I haven't used fan tan in years and really you probably couldn't tan more than half a leg with these samples combined so I really don't understand why Glossybox would even include them, they just feel like a filler product to me. 
My last product is again full-sized and is a Dove Hair Therapy Intensive Repair 60 Second Treatment Shot which has an RRP of £1.49. I was actually eyeing this upon Superdrug just last week as I love trying new treatment on my wild unruly hair so I'm pretty keen to give this ago this weekend. Fingers crossed it works as well as I've been told it does by a friend.
As this is my third box I'm now halfway through my 6 month subscription and I'm pretty undecided on if I'm going to be renewing come June. The January box was to be fair pretty awful, with the February box being a slight improvement. This box however is a good overall box, as its ok product wise and great value for money but there is still plenty of room for improvement. I really do think the main problem is that the inclusion of cheaper high-street brands combined with tiny sample sizes is really letting Glossybox down. I'm really looking forward to next months now and seeing what it holds.


Did you receive a Glossybox this month? 
I'd love to heard what you thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment