Sunday 19 January 2014

Birchbox January 2014

One of my christmas pressies off Mr H was a 6 month subscription to Birchbox which is a monthly Beauty Box delivering high-end beauty and lifestyle samples customised for you straight to your door. Since filling out my beauty profile I've been eagerly checking my Birchbox account and emails everyday, hoping to see that dispatch notification. I just couldn't wait to get my box.


Januarys theme is Tiny Tweaks and is all about focusing on small daily changes that will add up to big differences by the end of 2014. And I have to say on opening it I wasn't disappoint one bit, I love my box!



Laura Mercier Body Butter Ambre Vanillè 25g
(Full Size 170g, £26)

I've heard about Laura Mercier products before but never tried any so I couldn't wait to give this a go. I could smell it the second I opened my box, it made the whole box smell amazing. On me though it smelt awful, quite sickly and far too strong, I had to go wash it after an hour as I just couldn't stand it any longer. Its a real shame as it has a such really fab creamy texture and it left my skin feeling so soft even after showering.
My girls love it though so it'll joining their collection of body creams/washes in the bathroom so at least it won't go to waste.

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer 20ml
(Full Size 150ml, £27.50)

I've never tried any Philip Kingsley products before so I'm pleased to find this sample in my box. My hair is wavy and extra thick, knotting ridiculously easily so I'm looking forward to seeing if this will help tame it.

benefit The POREfessional 7.5ml
(Full Size 22ml, £24.50)

I already have a sample of this amazing primer, its lasted me forever as Ive found a little goes a long way. Eventhough its nearly empty I've been putting off buying it because of the cost, now I can save my pennies for another day, thanks birchbox.

Premae Anatomy Nutrients Instant Renewal Body Oil 20ml
(Full Size 100ml, £9.50

I'd never heard of this brand before and I was only looking at buying a body oil the other day so I'm glad I couldn't decide which brand to pick. 
The oil is abit thicker than I expected but it rubbed easily and was absorbed quickly, leaving my skin really soft. 
The best thing about this brand for me is that its allergy-tested so my girls can use it too, this one is a keeper and I'm planning to pick up a full size bottle soon.

Delarom Acquaconfort Mask 15ml
(Full Size 50ml, £24.00)

Again another new brand for me, I have a long standing love affair with face masks and of course the peace and quiet that goes hand in hand with them so finding another to add to my collection made my day.

Lifestyle Extra - Birchbox Eye Mask 
(£10.00)

On the forums everyone was convinced that this months lifestyle extra was going to be the Itsu Soup which to honest I would of happily chucked towards Mr H (without another glance) who's been on health kick since christmas. 
So to open my box and find an eye mask was a pleasant surprise, even if Mr H was a tad bit disappointed.  
Its currently sat in my fridge ready for use after the few all-nighters I have planned thanks to my big pile of Uni work.


Overall I'm really pleased with my January box, I love the little Tiny Tweaks tip & hints booklet and I'm already starting to get excited to see what's in my February box.

Did you get a Birchbox this month? What did you think?

Birchbox is available to purchase for £10 + £2.95p&p a month here.


No comments:

Post a Comment